Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Let It Rain!

I laughed this morning, joking about being confused.  I thought I had moved to Michigan and not Oregon or Washington State which are known for their rain.  I do not believe I have ever seen so much water fall from the sky as I have seen this spring.  When I think of the rain I think of a couple of verses.  One that reminds me that God is the giver of rain.  Job stated that “God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. He says to the snow, ‘fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘be a mighty downpour.’ So that everyone he has made may know his work, he stops all people from their labor” (Job 37:5-7 NIV)

I know the beauty that we see here everyday is due to the rain we endure today.  Coming from a barren Texas Panhandle where the very lakes I grew up skiing on are now dry or drying up I appreciate the rain.  It brings blessings unspeakable.

Also making it easy to endure is the fact that we have come closer to family.  That is really the reason we moved here; Landall and his wonderful wife Jill who have given us one the great joys in our lives in the blessing of Hudson our grandson.  So let it rain and keep the rivers, lakes and ponds full.  Let it rain and keep the country pretty and green with plenty of future adventures that Pawpaw and Hudson can find.  Yep, let it rain because I am being truly blessed. 


Oh, the other verse about rain… Proverbs 27:15.  You look it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment